Benefits of Annual Furnace MaintenanceA furnace tune-up improves energy efficiency, which can lower your utility costs. It also helps to keep your home warm throughout the winter by reducing the chance of breakdowns and unexpected repairs. However, there are several other benefits of scheduling routine HVAC tune-ups.
- Reduces Health Risks — The combustion process of burning fuel to create heat can produce dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. If the carbon monoxide leaks into your home, you and your family could develop life-threatening conditions. Routine furnace maintenance can identify issues before they become serious problems.
- Gas Leaks — Gas furnaces may cause gas to leak into your home. It is very important that your gas furnace is inspected each year to check for potential gas leaks.
- Preserve Warranties — In some cases, a manufacturer’s warranty requires that the owner schedule routine furnace maintenance or the warranty may be invalid. Scheduling a yearly furnace tune-up typically satisfies that condition.
- Avoids Delays for Service — During the winter months, the services of heating and cooling companies in South Roxana, IL are in high demand. By scheduling your furnace maintenance during the summer and your air conditioning maintenance during cooler months, you can save time and money.
- Proper Airflow — Limited airflow or restricted airflow to a furnace places a strain on the system. The strain can lead to a costly replacement of the furnace or furnace repair. During the annual furnace maintenance appointment, our furnace technicians check to make sure that the heating system is receiving sufficient air flow to avoid unnecessary strain on the furnace.
- Extended Furnace Life — It can be very costly to replace a furnace. However, with regular furnace maintenance, you can help your furnace last longer.